167. Any thought, (people have an experience, how many thoughts they have in a second), any one of them which did not mean a feeling of love, service, devotion or surrender to Mother, as soon as it rose in the brain, it gave him a fire-burning which gave an unbearable shooting pain and was nothing short of a physical burning. The only difference was, unlike physical burning which lasts longer, here it was an unbearable burning which disappeared, as soon as the thought subsided. In his own words, the Founder explained like this "Suppose there is an altar of sacrifice. It is cool and quieted, all fire having been reduced to ashes and those ashes also cooled down to the coolness of the usual earth. You are seated by its side. And most unexpectedly, a blaze of fire arises and scorches your skin, face and heart. Or, suppose you are travelling in a second class in a train through an extremely hot country. You have closed all windows and have kept ice around you. Immediately, something goes wrong and all the windows fall open. A burning blast of extremely hot air attacks you from all sides. You immediately run and close all windows and burningness and the painfulness disappears." That was his experience for twelve days.
168. To start with, he would have hot-fire-blasts at any other thought. Here, I am afraid the reader can't imagine. Any thought means absolutely any. Even such a thought as that "my name is so and so, that I am seated in such and such a room." Any means Any, absolutely any. People cannot believe or imagine certain states of blankness, without having the actual experience. Their "nothing" is much above the real "nothing", and unfortunately they suspect exaggeration. It is interesting to have an idea of the Founder's habitual ordinary blankness. He would have often to ascertain whether he took meals or not, by seeing if there are any used dishes or whether the food kept for him has remained in the vessels or not. He could not recognise his own daily used things and would show the poorest memory about his gains and possessions (even cheques). Even after sixty, he can't distinguish between similar fruits daily used in his home or the most common similar grains or cereals. He cannot tell you the spices and ingredients of any simple daily dish. He believes that one of the secrets of his devotional success is his strictest observance of "No vacancy" for admission in his brains to any things except those that are entirely indispensable. With this knowledge the reader will be able to conceive and possibly realise, what the Founder's "nothing" in the blankness referred to in the said experience can mean.
169. But later, it came to a climax when even a thought like "Mother is Merciful" gave a burning blast. Even the idea of "Mercifulness" was inadmissible. Beyond "Mother", absolutely nothing was permitted. Absolutely, "Mother" alone, not even the predicate and verb. A thought even like this, "Mother, Thou art alone True, the rest is all unreal" was not admissible and was not without its painful burning blast.
170. One day, he wept profusely. In a word, it was a period when he had alternate seconds of hot blasts and normal reliefs and rests. He wept out to Mother thus.: "The last thought, which any the most cruel man will permit as "Mother? what shall become of me"!! "If you would not permit that, nay any thought, any whatsoever, even such one as that "Thou art Blissful", any-any-any!!. "Any" as that "I am so and so", "I am blessed with Thy devotion?" "Any" as that "I surrender my whole life to Thee and Thy work"!! "If any thought, whatsoever except pure and simple one thought of "Mother"!!, you resent and rule out as inadmissible, where do I stand?? If that one thought of Mother too, is not to have any adjectival expression or quality as "Most Merciful Mother", let go such expressions as "Thou art the Creatrix of the universe"? or that "Thou art of an enchanting beauty"? or that "Thou art ocean of oceans of Mercy", how can I live mentally?? How terrible!! How killing!! Nothing Nothing Nothing absolutely Nothing except what is conveyed bu the word "Mother"!! No association of any other Idea, not even the predicate "art" and even the pronoun "Thou"!! Only the pure and simple single thought that can be conveyed by the word "Mother" to a child. "If you are so very hard-hearted, what shall become of me??".
171. Just as a victim even when there is over-powering force would assert himself before losing his life, he would not mind the painfulness of the hot blasts and say "Mother" not even Thy Mercifulness?? Not even Thy greatness?? not even Thy oneness?" Not even my saying, "I do not exist? outside Thee?". "How cruel??". He would dash his head against the pedastal where Mother was installed, and weep with the frightful notion of the face to face seen incoming insanity. He knew this was a process of re-forming every atom of his brain and mind. But who can guarantee a happy end?? He had previous experiences of the type and he had passed through them with Mother's highest Grace, but who can say, what will be the end? The mutilation of the mind itself!!!
172. Which doctor and which nearest relative and which devotee and which Gyani? can soothe him or help him?? Mother be praised!!. The stage automatically disappeared after twelve days by Mother's Grace. Not gradually, but all at once, just as he were pulled out by a crane from deep drowning waters to the shore.
173. The Founder says "How foolish is it to ask an old man of over sixty, how many mangoes he has eaten during his life-time? or how many times he has used his teeth to chew his sweetest morsels? A more foolish question is to ask a devotee, how often he had any dealing with his deity and the worshipped. There is no end of it. What the world knows of a true devotee is only a sample and a drop. It is something like a big mango merchant who is a supplier to the whole city like Madras or Bombay, showing one mango (not giving it) to a by-the-bye casual inquirer, asking of him "what is a mango like?", and about whom the merchant is quite sure, he is no purchaser.
174. One more experience which the Founder repeats with pleasure, is this. Opposite to his bungalow, was the bungalow of a wellknown radio songstress. Once at 2 A.M. he was in meditation in a room with none except one V.L.B. his constant devotee companion in Hubli. The Founder began to hear most beautiful pleasing celestial music. He was pleasingly disturbed. Said he to his companion, "Is she the songstress singing so wonderfully beautiful now??, at 2 A.M.?" The companion said, "No, No, I do not hear anything." The Founder being contradicted said, "what not??, just sit down on this wooden seat and hear." The companion sat on the Pat (wooden seat) just in front of the Mother's Image. He was surprised, "Yes, Yes, What a wonder is this? So very beautiful music!! She has never sung like this." To be more sure, Founder asked his companion, what was the tune. He said "It is Lalit Pancham". Founder danced with joy, "Quite right". Both ran outside to see if the songstress was in her spirits singing her best. What is there? Pitch dark. No door or window open, none awake, all asleep, not even a light flickering.
175. The Founder and his companion returned to their place. Founder said, "Let me see if I still hear." He sat on the seat. The music was still going on. He immediately got up and asked his comapnion to sit. The latter spoke out with joy, "Yes, yes, the very same Lalit Pancham, but now (Antra) its further higher note development." Founder again ran, though the companion did not this time accompany. It was all pitch dark there at the songstress' place.
176. After finishing some devotional talks, they both slept in their cots. The light was extinguished. A few minutes after, they heard a burst of laughter. That was a second wonder, during the night.
177. The Founder wrote these details of both experiences. viz., twelve days' confinement and celestial music, to his best friend in these mystic experiences. Founder said "Tall talks about Vedantism, or scriptures, any man can give or narrate or write. I want experiences of God's Grace and communion. Personal dealing and contact." "I want firsthand Teachings through Almighty's persons who with their own individuality forgotten and absorbed, simply type out verbatim the dictations of Almighty, as are dictated. These alone have a supreme value with me. Let the word be from any mouth-piece, but it must be God's sent word. That alone can move the world, if at all it is not incorrigible." "The rest of things only come and go". It surely does its individualistic temporary give and take work, and should not be belittled at all, serving, as it does, its own smaller purpose. Everything has its own importance, with reference to a certain time, person, place and condition.
178. The Founder was happiest when he had a reply from his God-Communing friend. "Mother is fondlingly playing with you. The second experience is only making amends for the first. You were burnt with scorches for twelve days, as that was considered necessary by Mother. She has given you then the sweetest music, one can ever hear as the divine medicine to restore your mental normality. Nothing is impossible for Mother. She laughed with a burst, on seeing that still, " even after so many experiences, you do not credit Her with powers which you yourself have described in your books- the power of doing and undoing and doing or undoing in the never-imagined manner." We conceive Mother as if tied down with the physical limitation of Time, Space and Causation and Material plane to which any mortal is subject, because, we poor creatures can't go beyond those physical limitations.
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.