270. Some went even to still ignoble ways of thinking about the Founder, before whom they had so often prostrated and under whose obligations they had often been and whose devotional ennobling contact they had already experienced.
Someone said," People don't believe you have gone in for a plot; show us your document". Founder in his child-like would say," If people have no trust in the very first measure of mine when I have written to so many of you about my having purchased the plot, how will the whole working go on smoothly later ? " In his simple-minded way , he would show the document to people when they would come to Bombay credulously believing in the good faith of the point raised and would inquire people were satisfied.
Founder never suspected, such people were residing in skies and cellars of self-serving motives and stooping to any means and indulging in any imaginations.he would be simply fretting at the follies of the people . He would say to himself," Can not people have sufficient sense to understand , how can a man give such details of the transaction from time to time as he had done to all important persons ? "
271. Some had the heartlessness of questioning ," This is alright, but what will happen after you die ? that is the most important question." Founder would get ruffled and he would say," what else is going to happen?? people will bury and burn me ." Someone illuminated him by suggesting to him to give an undertaking to the effect that none of his family members would ever step into the place .And all this before he takes out even a single coin from his pocket. It was at this suggestion he had a new staggering light.
So long as the Founder had no other idea, he fretted. He had now the light. People meant" who will enjoy the property after you die " !!! A tremor passed through his whole body. said he," What ? People are thinking about my death and what shall happen after my death, to the property ?., before even a single inch of excavation of the Foundation has been done , or a single pie is donated ? !!! He saw his extremely poor incapacity for gauging the world's depths. Till then he thought, people meant," There is none to carry out your work like you after you, Why do you unnecessarily die ? Leave off the idea and be happy in your own way in your householder's life ." Goodness suffers a great deal out of a delusion of taking one and all to be friendly and interested in promoting Goodness . All the while he was forcefully answering that question with the revolving this idea in the mind. " Does not matter, if there is none after me . Let me atleast serve as much as I can , during my time. Mother will take care of Her work after me. " One day he laughed outright and said to himself," The world can't understand me and I can't understand the world ." The two mental universes , one centred round " Religiosity and Benevolence " and another round " property and self - serving " are poles asunder. The two worlds interspersed intermingled and interdependent , having been enchained to live together , in delusion, ignorance and darkness of each in respect of the other. !!!
272. The climax was there when one of the Founder's relatives on a Friday while going out for a work , in his motor, said in a threatening manner with the rights of an elderly relative to his another relative ," There is nothing more to be think about or to do regarding him. He has already turned mad. Confine him in a room and give him two meals and keep all necessary arrangements for his bodily requirement."
This was most hotheadedly said in the presence of the Founder and indirectly to him; and both started out towards the city for their work. The Founder wept with an outburst of tears shouting to his Mother," My own nearest relatives do not understand me and not even an iota of love or respect, cooperation or sympathy for my work of Thine or for my devotion to Thee."
The motor which carried the two relatives had severe accident, although they were saved.The motor had to be sent for immediate repairs. In the evening while returning in the repaired motor , they had a second accident. The motor was sent back for repairs and they had to return home in some friend's motor car.
273.The experiences of the Founder in the matter of a motor meeting accident, or a stopped motor beginning to run as usual after it went definitely out of order, were many.His mind is an extremely troubled conditioned would bring either of the two results. This is an interesting point for psychologist to investigate into.One point to be noted for the theorists is that the Founder never wished or even thought of an incoming incident. In the other case of moving a stopped motor , he has of-course prayed with full consciousness.
274.The first thing on arriving home was that the younger relative informed the family of the accident details and with tears in his eyes, embraced the founder and asked his apology, for the cruel words which the elder relative had addressed to the Founder.The elder relative indirectly joined the younger relative in his apology, maintaining his status, but with every affectionate relational love.
275. The Friday Mother-worship was very well attended that night, as the Founder was to leave to Ahmadabad. The Founder gave a beautiful illustration of a saint during Mother worship in the congregation attended by all. A saint went once to a small town. His adherents pressed him to much to go with them to a Bhavai ( the old time vulgar dramatic play before Hindu Goddess ,as a devotional measure to please Her). The saint refused to the last to go to such an indecent and vulgar play but had after all to go.They were all seated , when one of the players ( zando) took out his torn shoe and threw it in the crowd of people . Incidentally the shoe came with a force and struck the saint in face.He laughed and said," This experience had remained missing and unlearnt in my various life-lessons." I thank you all. you have brought me here." The Founder put all of them to their true religious understanding in an implied manner and all that knew the events of the day, were sorry and some repentant that nothing an important truth to be born in mind.
Founder said to himself," My experience was incomplete ; although so many things I was made to realise by my friends and relatives; till now I was not threatened with being confined in a room as a madman."
276.The Founder had further the rich experience of devotional donors (?) coming forth to hand over some sites practically free or at highly concessional rate. Not one, not two, not three but four.He was in the highest heavens. In a less than a fortnight there were ready for Mother's Temple four sites ! ! ! ! He began to think people had entirely two different mentalities, one they were out for money making and the other when they were out for handsome charity worth the name.What more can he aspire to ?? He was happily passing nights comparing and contrasting the advantages of the different sites and trying to decide which site should be selected.The spell was however soon broken and he was disillusioned. The first three sites were under irremovable legal encumbrances. In the case of the fourth site, which the owner promised to give at the cost price , the cost price quoted was much higher than the highest selling price the vendor had realised in the open market only two days back for exactly similar plots.
One charitable donor (?) declared it in a large meeting " This moment deserve every encouragement. It must have atleast one thousand a year as income. I acme forth to help this movement which I love from the bottom of my heart and promise to do my best, as I have a highest opinion of the Founder as a disinterested saint.". He requested the Founder to go to his house where he made matters clear.He was an insurance agent and if most mai-ists insured their policies with him, it was not hard for him to pay as Rs. 1000 per year to the Founder s his donation ( mind, it is not commission ) to the deserving Institute and as he was impressed, the Founder did deserve encouragement.These are the samples of trading people's charities at least to the Founder , or say, to them that are not more than match for them, or to say, to simpletons like Founder or to people without strengths and stunts.
277.The Founder decided that he would be going to Ahmedabad just as any Government officer goes to his native place during leave , entirely forgetting that he is an officer of such and such caliber, of such a status and such an experience and honoured abroad ,and such a usefulness to the public.
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.
PLEASE ALSO REFER TO LINKS :