The rest is all secondary and so and so.The latter of the two above , though highest from the worldly point, is yet on a lower plane. The idea of oneself being able to do and doing is there." I will become Mother's is still higher idea.Then nothing remains to be done. The body heart mind and soul begins to sing and dance , without the voice singing or feet dancing , without any effortfulness of the mind meditating , on the heart dissolving itself and on the soul realising oneness with the Supreme Mother.
Mai has taken pity on the intermediary whirlpool lost and drowned souls. Mai-ism raises the finger to show , what has already been forgotten, viz. " Self-surrender " as the highest and the last thing of six things only , on seeing that many have been drowned on the way and have lost sight of main remedy. Or, to put it the plainest words , Mother has handed over the Master key, which opens up all locks and doors. Most people have lost all the keys and some have lost only the master-key, whereas some have lost the knowledge of distinction of any key and master-key.The master-keys, the spots, the ottas outside the exhibition ,-- wherefrom Mother can take you safe home and to which you may retire, as soon as you get tired with thousands of plays and playthings , or when you find yourself to be weak , disappointed, defenseless and powerless , or when you are harassed by others - are the six so often repeated teaching points of Mai-ism.
326. To return to the working, the process is the same whether a man wants Mother's Grace (Nishkama Bhakti) or any specific thing. As a matter of fact, the Nishkama Bhakta is serving one's self-interest more dexterously. He does not commit the blunder of demanding what his own wrong notions and judgments prompt him to demand. He asks a doubled boon. Not only Mother should give, but She should give what is best for him. A beggarly man happening accidentally to meet his once dearest friend, when the latter presses him to go with him to his palace, says, " I will come, but will you give me tea?" A wiser man keeps silence; he has wisdom enough to think, " Will such a Rolls Royce rolling man, who takes me home with so much endearment, keep me hungry?". That is the difference of Nishkama and Sakama Bhakti. It is only a degree of the difference of a mature or immature understanding. The Nishkama Bhakta is unjustly over-intimidating the Sakama Bhakta with the tom-tom of his superiority. In fact he is a greater gainer. He is exploiting the poor fellow's ignorance or insufficiency of experience. Arjuna accepted Krishna and left the whole army to be given to Duryodhan. One of the two wives of a king, on having to part, said "I want you and you alone. Let all the treasures be given to my co-wife, once for all". Where the king is, there treasure are bound to be, again filled up after an evacuation.
The process is, the single-minded prayer, meditation and appeal. The brain and the body must become most mechanically doing only irreducible minimum things. Everything must eliminate and evaporate from the mind. The mind must become one with all-comprehensive conception that you have formed about your Deity or Mother. The prayer has to reach a certain intensity. The Guru has, so to say, to squeeze out the nectar-like offering to the Mother, from his own body, mind, heart and soul, to shower the Grace on his disciple.
327. The secret is, " being melted"- your losing your very shape itself, to be re-formed. Your mind must reach the melting-point and your heart, the boiling-point. It is only one syllable of your prayer or only one name repetition that secures the whole Grace-showering work. The mainmost point is, that name or syllable should be from the mind that has already melted and the heart that has already been boiled. All other things are only preliminaries to bring up that " boiling and melting point ".
328. If one has the fullest idea that Grace-demanding is an actual work to be done to reach the boiling and melting points, so many matters will be clear like the broadest daylight. With a view to bring that understanding home, Mai-ism shouts at the top of its voice " There is no chhoomantar" at least in the rational scientific and psychological religion of Mai-ism. The Founder does not contradict Hindu Religious notions of different types of " chhoo mantars." - " Akshaya-patras" (never consuming food vessels) etc., or blow-breaths- of Gurus that will give immediate salvation, etc. Atleast the Founder has not been fortunate enough, all his life, to have any such experience. He is for sweating and earning the bread with hard labour, with highest patience and longest perseverance. For the sake of hammering this " no chhoomantar " truth on the heads of blind-faithed persons, who believe ceremonious performance to be a complete thing for a worldly success, it becomes necessary to state here, that many Mantra Shastris have so endearingly told the Founder that in fact there is no greater power than God's or Mother's Love, which the Founder is preaching all his life.
329. Applying the knowledge of facts as they are described above, it becomes moonlight-like in a dark night, that once a disciple deforms his own image in the heart of his Guru as an ungrateful person, no amount of Guru's own exertions and best wishes will make the Guru's heart and mind reach the boiling and melting points. The poison of the consciousness of an ungrateful is there, to neutralise all his efforts, because the Divine Law is there, which is no respecter of even Deities themselves.
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.