368. People have such an over-exaggerated notion of being exempted from all sorts of miseries, on their taking up a little interest and exertion for religion, that they become quite irrationalistic and claim exemption from the directly visible miseries resulting from their own mis-deeds or omissions of duties. They would go to the last stage of degeneration, but their single hair should not be disturbed !!
369. One point of experience, which is a matter of a little laughter and great satisfaction is that all grumblings appear and disappear and so many people return to the refuge of Religion after periodical outbursts of rebelliousness. The Founder again welcomes them, with the same heart, without a word about the past, starting again a new clean slate, realising how hard it is, not to be rebellious under severe miseries for even an advanced soul.
370. Make the smallest beginning of experiencing that your sufferings are removed on approach to Mother; let then, the second lesson about the remedy for the prevention of sufferings be learnt. Start with an atom of faith, even though only as an experiment and get the conviction that such approach is effective. You automatically come to the next point of wisdom as to how to prevent miseries. A Mai-ist's answer is, " Live a life of loving and serving others universally."
Another problem is this. " Yes, you are right, we have partly experienced, but somehow although we best wish we may love and serve others, yet something prevents us. What is that and how to master that opposition ? Then comes the realisation of your enslavement to the six enemies within you. Then comes the determination to overpower them. Further, thereafter, comes the tiringness of the constant struggle and fight. Here comes the introduction of the higher joys and the most powerful divine spiritual help of the deities to their devotees. Then comes the question how to keep them (deities and devotees) constantly pleased. Then comes self-control and self-denial and self-absorption, etc. Let each test be passed with every help to pass before the requirement in the second test be talked over. Where is the sense in your talking of Shelly and Shakespeare works, before you know your alphabets ? That only creates a chaos and a delusion that you have reached the end.
371. The secret of secrets is the repetition of what is called Mai-Sadhana. Associating a certain Divine thought or Truth and interweaving the same with Mother's name representing that particular Ideal. There must be repetitions of sublime-most emotions, thoughts and actions till big beehives are formed in your heart and brain. The innumerable bees of the beehives so formed by your untiring exertions, will bite the enemical evil and satanical desires thoughts and actions and the indwelling or incoming Satan, to a practical deadness.
372. Founder states, " Let one man come to me and say, " I was getting wrathfully wild fifty times in a year. In the last year, by Mother's Grace, there were only ten occasions." Let another man come and say, " I have decided I will hold no higher property than ten lacs of rupees. The rest shall go to charities." Let third man come and say, " I have lived for one month, living as an incognito and pocketing insults of everyone, to humble my pride, as you suggested and I now find a world of happiness has been opened out by Mother to me," and so on and so forth.
Founder says, " I will be more happy by any of these narrations than that I have completed my pilgrimage from Haradwar to Rameshvaaram, leaving no important place of pilgrimage." Another man saying, " I can quote any shloka of Bhagwad Geeta. You simply name it and the shloka flows from my mouth without a single error." Third man saying, " I have studied six darshans. You be presiding over a symposium. Let us have one, of learned Pandits. I am sure I will carry the day, etc." These do not please the Founder or Mother.
Founder asks, " How does all that, practically help you, or your own men? or the world? or your inner peace and happiness?? or how does that give any satisfaction to your God and Guru and to yourself ???"
373. Every royalty, splendour, grandeur is ready to hail you and salute you and obey you. Let once the Highest Queen Mother accept you as Her loving and beloved Son. Instructors will come forth, Pandits and Shastris, to make you a master of Divine Knowledge, an army will always be serving you as a body-guard to protect you against your enemies. The Treasurer of the State will stand with silver and gold before you, hand-folded, to take up your command, say-to-day, night-to-night and hour-to-hour.
374. Start the first lesson, be you in any high or humble position. Enrich your bank balance of merit and Mother's Grace, by repetition of " Jay Mai Jay Markand Mai." Just when I am writing these lines, I receive a letter like this from a Mother's devotee. He calls himself " Mai Swarup Mugdha-shishu. A mute child of Mai Swarup."
I crave Mai Swarup's Blessings.
Mugdha Shishu sends his thanksgiving with the caption " Mai's ways are inscrutable."
" On the night of 25th between 8 and 8-30 p.m. this weakling of yours after dangerously suffering from high temperatures, physically by day had difficult breathing extremely acute, and choking with the most complete symptoms of imminent death out of heart-failure. All the kith and kin expected helplessly what was inevitable as certainty. Only this mute child of yours was adamantine to refuse all help from without and kept on mentally chanting out of breath and breathing in. " Jay Markand Rup Markand Mai, Marak Tarak Eka Mai," with the result that he personally writes this thanksgiving most cheerfully."
375. Founder asks " What do you prefer? A name in the religious world for your lore, proficiency or a strict observance of the bath-and-kitchen principles, etc., or being saved from such situations of heart-failure??". " If the latter, then follow the simplest and speediest way to happiness through Mother's Grace."
376. With regard to the subject of religion, India has a uniqueness. It is a country of " Newcastle to carry coals " of religion. Every one knows every thing about religion. Only thing is he has little value and serenity about it. Still less, " the true understanding," yet still less, " a conviction of this and not that," yet further less, " a desire for realisation" and yet still further less, "a readiness for the necessary exertion and sacrifice."
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.