For one engaged in a religious service, any little thing of worldly gain or a certain need makes him leave the religious service to itself." God, Guru, Religion will nowhere run away, but the other person or opportunities, if they go , they go forever." Poor they, where can they run away?? They must wait till the worldly work is over and nothing else remains , till the call bell rings again!!!
378. India and Hinduism however stand supreme because their highest men are higher than those of others, especially in religion. Lukewarm water is neither hot nor cold , that is the usual condition of religiosity in India.Hindus bring in religion in materialistic matters and materialism in religious matters. India stand westernized when She is dealing with eastern matters and sticks to its eastern-ism when called upon to rush on, on western lines.
379.One of the saints in the past has rightly and humorously narrated," He knows everything except what he is asked and called upon to utilise the knowledge of .He himself remains a dry stone while shouting top others and advising others to exert for showers and for being under shower rains.He wants others to follow religion which he can teach others easily very well." He himself stands exempted. That is the anomalous position. A clever student unwilling to learn mathematics always argues ," Anyone can pass his examination by neglecting any of the three subjects , Arithmetic, Geometry and Algebra. " He points out the other two subjects whenever the teacher presses him to learn up anyone subject. Especially, the philosophy of Adwaitism is so very dexterously exploited. The Founder loves Adwaitism but resents its abuse.
People like to be considered and called to be religious without being religious.People want proofs of God's Grace . When authentic instances are quoted, they would smell a rat or belittle those happenings , or they themselves would quote more miraculous cock and bull stories. They would never take the trouble of investigation and inquiry and on the top of everything , the man who works hard at getting such instances for a future guidance record is non-plussed because persons concerned in the description of a certain experience will not bear him out.
380. The Founder says," There are wheels within wheels and any effort of the type eludes grip. It is as it were Maya were strongly thwarting any effort of establishing permanent lights in a blind alley."Says She,as it were, " It is my wish, my rights, my order , my jurisdiction whether a certain man is able to see God's finger in a certain miraculous happening or not.You can't reduce me to a formula or a mechanism or a vanquished .The blindness of man will never disappear and the secret of the understanding will not show itself, till God's or Guru's Grace showers."
381. Today a man weeps with unceasing tears of gratitude to Guru and God for being saved from, say, a heart failure. To-morrow his mind changes and he says he was a fool to bring in God's Grace and goes even to call his Guru a delusion creator. When another occasion of calamity befalls him, he is again full of treas and thanks giving. Let one day more go and he is again the very same dissenter. He consider his God's finger , vision, gratitude and thanks giving to be the symptoms and acts of an indescribable weakness in some thing like delirium when he was no longer himself. He thinks " I was over powered with some unshakable irresistible force . Now I am free from that temporary mental debility."
382. During a calamity , a man is not himself, he becomes lamb-like , God fearing, obedient, humble and God-approaching. He is entirely a different man with different outlook and way of judging and thinking . God, Guru, Divine Law, sins, sufferings, all look standing ready to rush upon him. The calamity being over , he returns to his original self and wonders how , so very lion hearted , he had become lamb like . It is only the good luck of few blessed to have a conviction about which stage was really superior. Like King Janaka , few lose themselves in meditation over the contrast of the two different and often contradictory states.
383. That accounts for a man's ingratitude and forgetfulness about God's and Guru's Grace. That is Maya's thick blindfolding veil , and man is more to be pitied than to be blamed, when one realises what a powerful overturning force this Maya enshrouds a man with ; the Maayaa , which makes the man think , he was overclouded with a delusion , when in reality he was in direct touch with the Truth.
What a tremendous power, Maya holds over the little mind of man !!! A coal during an electric temperature has the luster of diamond. It cools down and again becomes coal. The dog is wise only for the moments he is in the kitchen and till the serving lasts. Serving finished, kitchen closed, the dog is again a dog.
384. But, all the same. Mai-ism is very optimistic. What is wanted is hundreds of repetitions and any man becomes surely much better than before , with pains, patience and perseverance, The higher the spiritual and religious and moral stage and living of a man , the greater is the peace of mind happiness and cessation of misery. This is the most automatic result though often invisible and unrecognized. The electric current proceeding from an electric station of a city being stronger and brighter , there is nothing but lustrous joyfulness in every branch but goes to make the city happy through the electric power . The bakery, the cotton mill the street light, the lift everything runs smoothly and brilliantly. Mai-ism says, strengthen your current and fill up your batteries by living a life of Love, Service, Devotion and Self-Surrender, Merely changing bulbs and frequent switching off and on , can not help you, if the current itself is already weak. Switch your red Ribbon key of your Mind-type-machine. All letters thereafter are not black or blue but auspicious bold red.
Pray, Pray and Pray. Concentrate, consolidate yourself. Be attracted to Mother, the Highest Center and Resource of all Powers and Welfare you can imagine. You will have attractive return. Make your environment happy by Love and Service. Make your inner self stronger, purest and quieter by Devotion and self-Surrender. You are many times much better. You will make yourself happy and make all around you happy. How to do that is not so difficult. The desire must be there. The discrimination must be there. The decision must be there.The determination must be there. The rest automatically follows as a dish by Divine Mother on crying determinedly hard.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.