421. Do not be so very weak and a victim to the suffering ." She could not be consoled , Founder than used his highest powers ," Would you be satisfied if once only you see him??You have to take care of your children who are so young. You have to live not for yourself but for them If they are without their mother as well , think how the family will be ruined"
She insisted," I will you only after you make me see him once ." That promise was given."You will see him during this week on Hindu New Year Day following Diwali, or in the subsequent two or three days. On Paadavaa day , early in the morning , she came to the Founder .Founder said ," I will begin my New Year with a forehead vermilion mark by you and then you may go out." She returned in the evening with a great indescribable joy , stating that she had seen her husband in Khar, and blessed her with smile from a distance and disappeared . She wanted a repetition but that was with a great persuasion refused. "Do you wish to make him also unhappy?"
422.She could not restore her normality though 7 or 8 months had passed, when Founder was transferred to Hubli in December 1942.She went to Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi and to Sri Arbind Ghosh and Swami Ramdass and finally came over to Maai to the Founder's place with her two children. There she was initiated into Mother worship Mantras and the whole Mother's philosophy.She was given an independent room where she concentrated on her husband. She returned to her home after 3 or 4 days. These were years of greatest anxiety as also exertion. Founder wanted to bring the broken heart and a superstitious brain to a normality. He would be writing 10 to 15 pages letters to her almost everyday , giving her different versions of philosophies , explaining the Mai-istic view , conditions after death and what not. She would feel her husband was there in Bhagwan's Ashram, at Arbindo's at Hubli. This subject being extremely delicate one, the Founder always tried to keep an indirect watch and had along to be as careful as doctor between patient and a disease. Whether it was the creation of mind which had completely been deranged or she actually saw him , as she often said,the Founder had to be , so to say, a chloroform controller during operation.If she had not had the sweetness of the pleasure of her husband's sight , she would burst. If she had greater contact than what was just required for keeping her against going wrong, she would be unsettled.
423. Founder says, it was a case of " Pardeshi ki preet". Falling in love with some one on the other plan, in a foreign unapproachable land. The mind and the heart must have just the minimum contact to live and not to burst,and yet the mind should be trained by Vairaagya (dispassion) and gyaana (Divine knowledge) , and more than both, the control of mind , for which the easiest course is that of devotional absorption in one's deity.Surely, when matters go very far and wounds become deep , any sense pleasure becomes entirely disabled to bring either the joy or the forgetfulness of pleasure - the disease of love-stricken-ness with the dead , with whom all types of pleasures have been enjoyed for years together.
Mental disease is more difficult to be cured than the physical disease and the heart disease is more difficult than the mental one. It requires only a doctor of an unknown and unlearnt and uncollege-taught science , but on the top of it, a continued long period of constant watch and time -to-time measures.
424.For nearly three years , it was a continued process of an extremely sanctity supply of oil to a lamp and a constant care that the light does not extinguish , nor is there a blaze , or a fire and while these two processes were at work , the main consideration was to be changing the heart and mind , on the reconstructive basis of surrendered devotion to God and Guru.
She was actually seeing her husband and conversing with him , as she from time to time said in unspeakable and broken language .To use the people's language ,Founder was all the while pressing her to released that blessed sanctified soul to proceed further in his journey and bid goodbye to him and return to the worldly family life.
425. She was given a separate room wherein she was alone from 10 p.m to 2 a.m. The founder was pressing that she had already sufficient consolation with a sufficient period , to be quieted and that now that they must both separate , she going in her own way , and he going his own way.
One night, she did not come out of her room even up to half-past -two. The doors were locked from inside. She had come with her husband's friend. Both ( the Founder and the friend) were with throbbing hearts , outside, waiting her safe return. The room was found locked from inside.Founder broke it open.The lady was lying unconscious. She was lifted up and brought to the main hall.At about 4 a.m. , when she restored her full consciousness, she told Founder with most profuse weeping, her husband had given her the last final good bye .She tried and tried , but he did not came again.
426. The stage was now something like tying bandages after a successful operation, and that , the Founder did most cleverly.He made her mind to most convincingly believe , now he was not only irrevocable but now she was acting inimically to his soul, by not permitting him to proceed further in his journey, as a free soul.Gradually the whole heart and mind began to restore a stage of maturity in Vairaagya (dispassion) ,Gyaana (Divine Knowledge) and Bhakti (Devotion).. In worldly matters , she restored a normality about all her duties, but she had reached a stage of evolution , which made her live in the world as a saintly soul.
427.The Founder accompanied her with two children of hers to Bhagwan Ramana Maharishi , her own Guru, after she was finally relieved and cured of mental-heart-disease. There her son fell seriously ill. Medicine won't reach the stomach. The lady with worldly mind wanted to get blessings of the Maharishi , without letting the founder know of it, least he be offended.She went to Maharishi and spoke about the son's illness.The son was getting worse and worse. At 11 p.m. of the night previous to the day when they had the programme to start, she burst into violent tears and began to scold and taunt the Founder," Being Mother, don't you feel ashamed ? Your heart is cruel.," and she began to weep in big tears. Founder went near her to console , and asked," What is the matter?" " She said," What is the matter!! Have you no eyes?this boy is dying here ?? Founder said," Oh, Why worry about it ?? Tell me when you want him to get up and you sit with me for Mother's worship and Mantras . Such a simple thing you are weeping about?"She smiled with every hope because she had the conviction . what Founder promised would not fail to happen. Founder took the medicine dose , sanctified it, asked the lady to see her watch and both sat together to pray Mother. They began their work; Founder us extremely child like. " Now, tell me when do you want to be alright." She , in her extremely righteous mind of troubling others least for her sake, said," What a joy it would be if we keep up our programme of starting tomorrow morning ? It will be enough if the boy becomes removable by 5 a.m.The Founder smiled," I have seen very few persons who would not take maximum advantage of Mother's Mercifulness. if I get him up normal before twelve midnight , have you any objection?". The dose was administered at 11.30 p.m. , both sat before Mother and repeated Mantras. , and at 11.50 p.m. , the boy shouted out,: Mother, I am free.I am normal." There was nothing but joy. All of them returned to Hubli.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.