The Foundations of " Mai-Niwas " were being excavated. The lady was asked to bring that earth and give a massage, repeating only " Jay Mai, Jay Markand Mai." The girl was cured within a fortnight.
429. Whenever the Founder makes a whole survey of human mind, he finally comes to the conclusion of pitying she-monkey-mind. One does not know when and where she will drag one and what she will make of him, and make him to do or not do or undo. This is a subject of deep observation, study and meditation by itself, which helps the spiritual development by creating an immense overpowering conviction, about the inconsistency and worthlessness of the world, and by engendering a feeling of " having absolutely nothing to do with this world." This feeling is what is usually described as Vairagyam (disgust and dispassion). It must be subtly appreciated that this feeling of Vairagyam, which on the face of it means something reverse of love is, in Mai-istic understanding, only the reverse side of Love- Love towards the Eternal verities. It is your love for permanence constancy and changelessness, that makes you tired of temporariness inconsistencies and everchangingness. It is only the highest blessing of God that would enable every man to see things in the right perspective. It is an extremely rare gift and grace of God. The Gift and Grace of a mind, that may understand things correctly especially about the religious working in the battlefield of innumerable conflicting forces, working most invisibly and unconsciously, silently and incomprehensibly, That Grace is merely the Foundation-stone, and grace of higher and higher types are required as man advances religiously.
Mind is such a mischievous minister of man, that he keeps the soul-king entirely confined, inactive and in drunken-unconscious state, and the only final remedy for any soul is getting his minister either fully subdues and obedient to the king's will, or to have him assassinated or annihilated. This thing is however to be done most cautiously slowly and, without every now and then, offering opposition to mind in an open defied manner. The same trick with which mind has taken possession of the soul is to be followed- the persuasive but slowly succeeding manner. Mind gives temporary pleasure to the king, but goes on entangling him more and more with hopes, fears,perversion,promises, pleasures, and all things which the mind is in a position to command.
430. If a musical instrument is out of order, do you get offended with the player for dissonent sounds?? No. That is the whole situation. And the whole substance and the extract of your experiences, if you have reached a stage, is that man is to be simply pitied and considered to be a mere puppet in the hands of an Invisible All-Controlling Power.
431. Founder says, I record my observations about human beings in the realm of religion, especially with reference to the subject matter in hand, viz., the curing through Mother's Grace.
Whether a man may believe in God, Guru or religion or not, there is nothing more certain to him than that he himself is a reality and that every activity of his is with a view to be better. He is so and so. None is doubtful about his own reality and the fact of a calamity or a misery is also as real a fact to the worldly man as himself, though of a secondary importance. How can a man of an average mind be helped by Vedanta, which has for its remedy the belief about the unreality of the misery, and the Universe itself, and about himself being a wave in the ocean of that finalmost thing called Brahma ?? All that is something to be revered and treated with a sanctity and a humility. People may also believe, "So many great persons in the past have stated these things. They can't be wrong." But, at least, so far as he is concerned, that is not so. Music, breeze, natural scenery, mango juice and rosy scents do please him. He is glad when he has them. He is wrathful when these disappear or are removed by some one, and is sorrowful when he loses these things.
Nothing is more real than he himself and his pains and pleasures and his joys and sorrows although he would prostrate before any Mahatma, and say to him, "Bhagwan?? you are telling the very truth." "the world with all its joys and sorrows is only a delusion", when he preaches Vedanta.
432. But he is tigress-caught, she-serpent bitten, and Desire-Dakini-possessed. Where can he go ?? Is it a remedy for an immoral man to be told, "Look at every woman as a Mother"? This old-tomtommed thing has come to us since centuries. Few however have seen the fallacy. If a man could look at every woman as Mother, how can he be immoral at all?? The remedy is only an eye-wash. It is just like a doctor saying, "I will cure your fever, but you must come to my dispensary and take away the nectar-like medicine, when you have no fever. My medicine is most valuable. Only thing is, it gets spoiled on being touched by a feverish man."
What is meaning of preaching, "Rise above pain and pleasure, victory, or defeat, benefits or losses," and so many allied teachings? Mai-ism says, it is all a never-ending bullock's go-round in an oilman's mill in a vicious circle. You get ruffled on seeing a damsel. You are asked to consider her a mother. You feel hungry and thirsty, you are told to be above hunger and thirst. You get half-dead over the death of your wife,husband or a son. You are told, " That is all unreal." Is this a remedy ?? Just think after removing your infatuation about the greatness of these sublime truths. Just form your conclusions most logically impartially and unblindedly.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.