434. Mai-ism says," These teachings are not remedies in themselves.They are the most enchanting and deifying expressions and descriptions of high souls who have reached that stage. They are descriptions and not prescriptions. The man who has reached a certain stage is above pain and pleasure .The man who has reached a certain stage does not fear death. He embraces a tiger as a worldly man would embrace his beloved friend. .He is undisturbed by all the modifications , he has ceased to think about the past present and future of everything around him.
To have the blessed Darshan of such Brahma realised souls is the highest of our fortunes.It is a greatness, which surpasses all greatness. It surely, though temporarily crests the proofness against any sorrow and painfulness.
But Mai-ism says, These are not remedies in themselves.Remove the old centuries born misunderstanding."
435. " The remedy is something else " clarifies Mai-ism. It is Grace, Grace, Grace, Grace , Grace, Grace of God and Guru. Get the Grace and all the rest will automatically follow .When a mother starts for a pilgrimage , does the child gets worried itself as to the programmes of places and days at each place , and the dharmashala where they would be halting and the food they will get and the fare they shall have to pay , the mountains and rivers an forests they shall have to cross etc.? The child does not know anything , and yet , is the child left over anywhere , because the child fails to answer any question any one may ask ?
You are not required to know anything, fro a Mai-ist , even anything. You are carried through every situation , provided you become Mother's child ; and that is Mai-ism !!!
436.To use the Founder's subtle language , which he used while writing a long article in " Kalyan " about " God and God attainment remedy " in 1932, such teaching rather describe what a man that has reach the terrace , experiences.The science of how to reach the terrace , floor by floor , is something else. You can't be bold as a lion by simply sitting before a lion in a Victoria Gardens and admiring and appreciating the lion's boldness and repeating " I am a lion." How to reach that stage is something quite different. To climb a staircase rung by rung , it is the railing and the rope that helps you and not the knowledge of the outlook of the sky and horizon visible on reaching the terrace . And the railing and the rope is God's and Guru's Grace.
437. What can help you is the Grace and the easiest of getting the Grace , is love , service, devotion and unconditional cheerful self-surrender , as Mai-ism teaches. If we have a wider search , we may include amongst the remedies ,Pranipaata प्रणिपात , Pariprashna परिप्रश्न , and Pari-sevaa परिसेवा (prostration to Guru , getting varied doubts and difficulties solved by the Guru , and serving the guru so many ways.) These things refereed to in Geeta have a great similitude with love and service , the tenets of Mai-ism. The other two sets of usefulness would be , one of Shravan श्रवण , Manan मनन and Nidhidhyasan निदिध्यासन and Sakshatkar साक्षात्कार , and the other of of Abhyasa अभ्यास and Vairagya वैराग्य . Theses are the standing remedies. Most of the rest is all pleasant to hear and magnanimous to revere.
438. Abhyaasa", the practice, the repetition for times without number till the mastery is achieves , is the most practical remedy and Manan Nidhidhyasan is the mental remedy .The so called stereo typed remedies pointed out (like patent medicines in market) usually have to be adjoined to these true remedies. take, for instance, the very same case of an immoral man. He has to learn the highest Truth .Look upon every woman as Mother , after he has determined to resort to Abhyasa and Manan on obtaining God's and Guru's Grace. The said truth is the most invaluable one , but if you have neither the ardent desire of mastering it or to be constantly practising it or to be day and night thinking about it , in all details, weighing pros and cons of every case , if you do not place yourself under the control of Guru who may control you , advice you, guide you, and illuminate you , your knowing the Truth or not knowing it , is all the same.
439. When a master of a house says to his servant , "Bring the carriage it means", "the carriage with the horse and driver ". So, whenever these truths are stated as remedies, they automatically imply the aforesaid fundamental remedies remedies. It is only when the world has become idiotic and senselessly superficial , and has no ideas of the importance of fundamentals or when the fundamentals are themselves bought into dispute, that a patient and perseverant preacher , has to sum up everything, starting from the alpha itself without presuming so many things , the absence of which creates the whole confusion and brings discredit to most valuable teachings of the scriptures and sages of ancient in the past.The new preacher has absolutely no intention of belittling his predecessors , even when he is twisting their said truths. That is also a spiritual diplomacy.Have you not seen parents of children finding fault with each other , to bring the child to be tempted to do what both of them want?? The object is to save the child. The papa and the mamma both will say," she or he is mad, cruel, does not know." " I am yours." ," not she or he" , " you do as I tell you".
440. We were referring to the analysis of the human mind in the case of cures through God's Grace. The calamities , pains and pleasures are therefore , to start with,as solid realities as one's self., for the average man. Vedanta can't help him, as explained before. When someone comes to you to get consolation on his house burnt to fire , how can he be consoled by saying : " This is your delusion . Different things which were simply different forms of earth have returned to their original element . Why should you be sorry? You were under the delusion that these things were yours. If they were yours , why did they go away from you ?? etc. That is not the efficacious way of consoling him.
Turning to Bhakti, path of Nishkama Bhakti , if you say "How many houses have you?? This is only one burnt. Let other houses be burnt so that you will have nothing to think about , except God" then God will surely be pleased with you and grant you salvation. "
People will prostrate twenty times all the MahatmaVedantists and devotees , big souls with tonsured heads saffron robes and rosaries and garlands , place money , fruits and flowers at their feet. But do you think they are permanently consoled?? No.
441. The Vedantists and Mahatmas may count upon such persons as their disciples and get happy at; the large numbers of such disciples but their too, it is nothing but a delusion.That accounts for the greatest poverty of true religiosity , although India is over-flooded with Mahatmas. The man who is ruined by his house fire can not be consoled either bey the Vedanta or by the pure and simple preachings of Nishkama Bhakti. "Delusion" won't do ; nor "suffer, suffer and suffer; God is above you to give you salvation will ever smooth-en matters.
442. Here Mai-ism boldly steps in, without minding the superiority complex of both these schools.In the eyes of Vedantins , most of the people , on true analysis and exposure of the inner working of the mind and heart , would be in the class of " world worms - full of ignorance" In the eyes of Nishkama devotees, they are constant beggars . Where is then their salvation ?? " And if all the teachers of the two types put their disciples to real tests , how surprisingly few , they would be wonder-struck to find ??? Mai-ism says, Gurus must come down to the level of their disciples and accept them as they are. The Shishyas , should open up their hearts and begin their Saadhanaa, be it from the first alphabet, under Guru's guidance. There is a way for upward progress for a man even at their lowest level of morality , religiosity and spirituality. But if even in the simplest relationship and the duties of a Shishya to a Guru; even in that too,there is hopeless bankruptcy then even God or Mother can help such useless soul.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.