It is in actuality of things, that Mother has opened it ; but what has opened it ?? Mark the difference of who? and what ?? It is the hunger, exertion, failure, persistence, perspiration, conviction, pity, and lastly Grace.
474. That is the whole secret. The knocker does not open the door. It is God and God's Grace that opens the door, but knocking leads to it. The seeker does not find anything, but God's Grace places the thing sought, in the seeker's hand. Main-most, subtle most difference is this : One type wins battles, but loses the war; another type loses battles, but wins the war; and what is it that distinguishes one type from another? The first type says, " I am the doer. I shall knock and open the door. I shall seek and I shall find it." The second type says, " I am not the doer, I shall knock and God's Grace will open the door. I shall seek and God's Grace will place the thing sought in my hand." The final duel-fight is between " I am everything " and " Oh Mother, Thou art Everything", each one in its most literal sense.
475. Here again, the confusion may be there. The Real and The Unreal, just as a Mother may act as a Father and a Father may act Mother-like. Similarly here too, a Gyani may be indulging in an outward expression, " I am everything " and yet on a still deeper analysis, you may be surprised to find he means "Thou art everything". Or, that as " Thou includes I " " Thou art everything " permits " I am everything ". Just as an officer's wife says " we are transferred by government". Colloquially one may speak " I " but may mean " Thou ", another man may speak " Thou " and may be meaning " I ". Here again speaking "I" and meaning "I" or speaking "Thou" and meaning "Thou ", are simple cases needing no comment. One speaks in a devotional language, another in the Vedantic language. What each in full reality means and believes is a thing best known to oneself, not even to oneself, but to Mother Almighty. Because, which human beings has not found and experienced he was under delusion in the past?? Who can say he is no longer under a delusion at any stage ?? There is no end to "I thought I had understood rightly, but now I understand I was entirely in the dark. Now I am sure I understand things rightly". From one delusion to another, with a delusion about " now no longer being under a delusion." Endless whirling till Mother's Grace dawns and illuminates, burns all impurities and brightens. Founder states : Blessed Paramahamsa was vehemently emphatic about
" Thou " and not " I ". If every one has a right to think and make conclusions and declarations as he thinks best, I take Paramahamsa to be more a Mother's child than anything else. He was Mother's child first and then an Adwaitist, (if at all he was that). He was Mother Herself, (My eyes get wet here on Mother's day in Navratra, while revising the manuscript 13-10-50.)
476. The Founder had an inspirational illumination, after communion with Mother, on his recent birthday 23rd December 1949. He expressed certain beliefs of his regarding Paramahamsa as below, in fewest words.
The whole world needs Religion to be happy. That religion needs to be a universal one and as simple as it can be made with fewest observances and freest latitude, so far as innocent harmless living is scrupulously lived. The whole conception regarding religion needs a change, especially in this Kali age. Let everything be made a new to give a new spirit, new enthusiasm. God who is neither a Father nor a Mother, or Father as also Mother, decided to overhaul the whole religious fabric in view of all changed circumstances. God till now, mostly worshipped as Father became Mother. Mother decided to finally rub out the old impressions which were already rubbed out by Time, and start a new method of religionisation. Just when a new thing has to be substituted, it becomes indispensable that the world be assured of the highest efficiency of the new element, and a model has to be raised and installed before the world. With that same view Blessed Paramahamsa was sent to this world (18-2-1836 to 16-8-1886) as an Ideal of Mother's child. Mother Almighty took the most minute stock of the divine and devilish tendencies and working-forces of the Universe. She saw that justice as a rule, and mercy as an exception, won't work with the modern world. God must be the Merciful Parent-Mother. Not only for a handful of Hindus calling themselves "Shaktas", and holding their belief most stealthily in a private unfindable corner of the Hindu world, but of the Whole Universe. God further decided " Let the relationship of God and devotee be that of Mother and child." How will the world believe in its efficacy ? Why should world accept this new belief, in addition to or in lieu of their own old beliefs of other relationships ???
477. There have been different types of relationships.
A Protector and the Protection-seeker, a tribal god and the tribesman, a stern judge and the judged, a jailer and a culprit, A father and a son, A guru and a disciple. A master and a servant, a lender and a borrower, an elder brother and a younger brother, a husband and a wife, a lover and a beloved, a beloved and a lover, a son and a father, one enemy and another enemy, (the smaller one absorbed in thinking day and night about the higher one). One can't conceive of the innumerable relationships that can be there. Each relationship requires a certain deservedness. A father's son must be obedient religious and illustrious. The Shishya or younger brother like Lakshman must be ready for austerities. The servant must have the highest humility in addition to perspiring service. A wife must be satisfactory in various aspects. A beloved must lose herself and have no individuality. Mother and child relationship needs the least deservedness. Mother has to be more active in that relationship than the child. I am at a loss to find an expression about any idea of the duty of a child to the mother.
478. The new religionisation, with God that has transformed Himself into Mother, wants the relationship of a mother and child, and places that relationship on the top of all the past known and practically time-worn-out relationships. How can God do that ? unless the world sees the greatness and the emancipating capacity of that relationship? Mother managed to offer to the world Blessed Ramakrishna Paramhamsa as Mother's child, to be with the world for full fifty years for any tests and experimentations.
479. Subsequently, the preaching and inculcating of the element of Universality was so very efficaciously done by All-powerful Swami Shree Vivekanand, who brushed away all the dusts of centuries in the shape of impurities, in individual religions and sects and sub sects, and brought about the element of Universality.
480. Founder states : Mother has further desired, through me to formulate Mother's Religion by Mai-ism. To be the Mother's Instrument in founding a religion which has been revealed to me by God as Mother, which is based on the belief of the highest efficacy of the relationship of Mother and child, between God and devotee, so indisputably proved by Paramahamsa, who also planted the seeds of universality, by his undertaking the devotion of the various deities, and showing same reverence to the Founders of every important religion and to religion itself.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.