496. "Well, we are all unhappy. We have tried every means .Believe my Mother's word.You can't be happy without religion. A religion to be most efficient requires to be UNIVERSAL , and much more simplified, and based on fundamental undeniable Universal Truths alone . Here Mother, being moved with pity , offers to the world a Universal Religion of God a s Mother, Mother of all, propitiable on living the life of Love, Service , Devotion and Self-Surrender .Ye that find this universal religion to be appealing to you, take it up .Mother is there to guide you. protect you, save you and carry you and emancipate you."
497.Whatever and howsoever the world may boast about, the religious progress of the world is less than even an ant's pace , and that is so because we altogether forget the opposing and undoing forces. We have altogether have wrong ideas and wrong similes.We think mechanically in a routine machine like manner , and that is why we wonder, why so much of the highest exertions of all the supremely powerful religious souls have not apparently borne fruit.
498. The most patent argument against religion and religious activity , coming from the mouths of the most intelligent [ but not religious ] is : So many have come in this world.Krishna, Buddha, Shankaraachaarya शंकराचार्य ,Raamaanujachaarya रामानुजाचार्य , Christ, Mohamed and so many of them.The world has remained the very same conglomerate of all wickedness, selfishness.vice, pain, sorrow and misery. "
499. Founder's answer to all of them is : The world would have been much worse than what you see now, were it not for the showers of God's Grace from time to time .There is no end to wickedness. We most ignorantly think , the highest type of wickedness is what we see in a particular age .Wickedness has no full stop.
Again our basis to judge and weigh the results of religiosity improving exertions and Divine Grace is fallacious. We take this whole vast Universe ( with all its varied and innumerable changes and influences ) as the consolidate , concentrated invisibly unit, whereas, the results are to be seen in the amelioration , and even salvation , of individuals. The caravan of the world passes on , as it pleases , but the individuals are saved - a paradox, which misleads the superficial religious thinkers. This paradox, I have explained thus : When a University course is changing , the examiner is merciful enough that the lives of the old-course students are not spoiled on their having to enter life as "nobodies", after so much study and years in Colleges. He therefor passes them out, on showing there even a smallest degree of efficiency .If the old course period is , say, ten years , you will find the general caliber of the class is and becomes poorer and poorer , year by year. If the better flowers in the garden are plucked away and sent over to the owner by the gardener , and if he sends them more and more , day by day, how will the garden be , and how will it look, as time passes ?? The increasing poverty in the world of virtue is, in self, a proof of Mother's Mercy, with which , individuals are saved and are promised to the higher world from the rottenness here.
People entirely forget, that an ant has none to hamper its slow and steady progress in a particular direction .Religiosity has however , to work its way against irreligiosity , with a much more manly vigor, than one army trying to reach the capital of the country of the army.
500.Founder says : I have now seen so much of wickedness in its most terrible unmistakable form, that I have begun to appreciate the theory of Satan, that rules the world and leads mankind by its nose.
Although it may look strange and although this statement may not hold its own, logically, as far as feeling is concerned ,I feel, though perhaps wrongly, as if darkness in not merely an absence of light , but a something positive with an assertive existence, power and force. Wickedness is not simply an absence of goodness. We have not simply a positive infinity and a Zero , but a negative infinity , as well.None prevents us from considering the range of one Infinity to another a unit , but we do feel a zero, as also something inherently different, a negative infinity. Of course the correctness of one expression or another would depend upon the definitions we make.Anything can be proved and disproved, but what finally counts is our experience of facts.Badness is not merely absence of goodness.In the region of actual pain and sorrow, misery and wickedness , the language proves the most poor and pitiable means of precise communication and definition, and we have to differentiate different degrees of goodness and wickedness.
501.There is something like a precise stage of maturity fro a world to receive a certain truth, to be able to appreciate it and imbibe it. And we are looking at the matter under reference with the point of view ; the maturity and the convenience for an undertaking and the favourableness and easiness expected for the success of undertaking.
502. As everyone of us knows, educated India had an infatuation for the West. Whatever came from West was greeted as heaven-sent.The world had to be matured through several stages , before anything like the launching a new religious Ideal can be hazarded. People had gone materialistic.  " Religion was hallucination showing a heaven to credulous uneducated idiots ".  If at all religion had some sense , the religion of West alone was something worth consideration.  "Hinduism was only a myth of superstition and co-web of ideology , and literature impossible and grossly exaggerated stories , some thing like an imaginary house of cards , which can never stand a breeze-blow of Science."
503. Any deeply thinking student could see, that Paramahamsa could not have gone ahead, till Swami Vivekananda had done the work which he did , if at all Paramahamsa intended to do solid religious work in a constitutional modern manner.Fortunately or unfortunately,the Brahmo Samaj ब्राह्मो समाज had already created its claim to revival of religiosity, for the educated thinking world . Before Paramahamsa could form an army of his stalwart religious warriors , he was called away. Mother thought , the highest work of presenting the religious Ideal of Mother and child relationship before the world was more than satisfactorily done through Paramahamsa actually living that life. He had done more than enough, to be further entrusted with additional wok.
Swami Vivekananda had to do a good deal of clearing of ground , full of thorns and brambles , misunderstandings , prejudices, superstitions, well froggisms and so many antagonistic forces and factors , before true religiosity could took root.
504.It is the poorest dramatic company in which the same actor has to play the various parts. The same actor having more than one part play, can not work up perfection. A child is a child, a lion is a lion, an organizer is an organizer , a swimmer is a swimmer , a boatman is a boatman and a bridge builder is a bridge builder.
People do not try to understand Religion with the clarity of their daily worldly experience. We never make the jumble of the duties of several departments of a Government , nor even the duties of the very same officer, as a head of several departments under him.
A Messenger only give s a message. A Founder lays the Foundation of an Institute., with a definite plan and with the mention of specific aims and objects , based on the Divine message he receives. An Acharya आचार्य makes people understand and follow a certain path with detailed beliefs, truths and understandings .A Prachaarak प्रचारक or a propagandist is again another variety.Each one is the best in the work allotted to him.A sensible man makes no odious comparisons, just as you can't compare one professor with another, both of entirely different subjects or one flower with another. Each one is great because of the best service he renders , in particular circumstances, as allotted to him in a particular realm, with a particular mission , to suit a particular purpose, as a significant part of One Major Great Scheme.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.