628. The Founder says," I have explained as much as I can, the smallest details of errors and misunderstandings and delusions and bigotry and passion. A huge ocean , within one self and one's life and living , of all fundamental perversions. What is man to gain by living in or leaving the world? Or by artificial creation of a disgust for Worldliness, Woman or Wealth? ? What is required is the Sadhana of self-improve meant.
Let there be no misunderstandings about theses three W's for a Mai-ist each of them though generally condemned by one and all who talk about Religion , is indispensable fro the every betterment and spiritual progress itself. The secret of success and the wisdom lies in the most judicious use of theirs and in being the master and not a slave to them.There are certain universal never failing Divine Laws and principles of Living which can teach us the judicious use and the art of mastery.
Founder asks, Is there no immediate attitude between infatuation and condemnation ?? Greediness, lustfulness and darkest ignorance about the Finalmost Soul-knowledge and God knowledge are responsible. We get infatuated because of our greediness, lustfulness and ne-science. The infatuation makes us miserable and vent our spite by condemnation. The condemnation has against its reaction. Condemnation results in antagonism disquietude and starvation. Starvation again leads you to to insatiable hunger .Have we not heard of long durated austerities-ful celibacy periods of deities , immediately followed by astounding excesses?? how can you escape after condemnation of extremely powerful eternal elements? By very condemnation itself , you arouse the maximum infatuating power in your infatuators. Mai-ism says neither condemn them , nor be infatuated with them. Maintain your midway -line equilibrium.There is a good deal of hypocrisy in outward condemnation.People never fail to secure the greatest enjoyment on one side and yet to constantly condemn them, in words at least , on the other side.
A Mai-ist is extremely moderate.He is the follower of Mother, who in virtue of Her conceptional sex is a woman, who in one of Her aspects is Lakshmi (wealth), and who is the world or Universe itself as Vishva -Rupini. A mai-sit is the worshipper of the Most Merciful Mother, who had received even the burnt up Cupid after Shiva in His wrathfulness had turned to ashes. Mai-ism advises : " No infatuation and no condemnation." Everything ha sits best uses. Raise yourself , by making best religious moral and judicious use , and develop the control of your mind, thought, desire and action, which gives you the mastery and proofness by sadhana and with the Grace of God or Mother and Guru.
Founder asks " Has those condemnation resulted in any solid results ?" "No". The right remedies lie in quarters quite different from those spoken of, talked over or preached in popular strains and terms. There is no other remedy, so very efficacious as Sadhana under the Grace of God and Guru.
The Founder lays highest emphasis in quite a different direction. He makes and insists on the sharpest distinction of wealth righteously and religiously earned and used, and its reverse. Simultaneously with the former, non-attachment should be developed. Inwardly, there should be a practice, which gives you a preparedness for throwing off wealth and materialistic happiness at any moment, and at no time, there should be a forgetfulness of the truth that the desire for materialistic happiness catches your throat after a long continued period of its enjoyment. You must determinedly and designedly manage for some breaks in the continuities of comforts and happiness, even if they automatically come to you, unexerted for and unsolicited.
The Founder is equally meek-hearted, soft, mild and tender-minded regarding even materialistic happiness, so cruelly condemned by all religionists. Says he "what would be the joy for the sustenance of life for them, that have not been trained to, and have not tasted, the higher joys and happiness of emotional, mental, spiritual and devotional nature ?? Under the scorching triple fires of wordliness, why do you grudge and blame them for indulging in their own only avenues of joy, so long as they don't leave their, righteousness and harmlessness ?? Don't forget they are incapable of enjoying higher joys, and that joyfulness is indispensable for the sustenance of life. Says Mai-ism " Let every one be happy and have the joy of one's own natural worth stage and plane, righteously and religiously. Let the cat have her natural food of a rat. A highly devotional king, born as a pig with all consciousness of the past life, refused to be killed to return to the human life, because he was quite happy with his she-pig and kids and filth-foods.
Act most constructively. Don't be a teacher whose highest efficiency proceeds only from severe caning. Train disciples, followers and people, to seek joy and have the relishfulness of the higher sources. When they have seen and got the silver coin, they will automatically throw away the copper coin. Spontaneity and Sadhana with patience and perseverance is the soul and secret word of Mai-istic Improvement. Lay your highest stress and insistence on wealth being earned and used righteously and religiously, on charity and magnanimity, and keeping virtue, humility, justice, truth, innocence, purity, harmlessness and helpfulness, for all.
The classification of rich and poor is most unstable and mischievous. Let the consideration of your sympathy co-operation and help be on the lines ad basis of a discrimination, as between vice and virtue, immorality and morality, irreligiosity and religiosity, badness and goodness, wickedness and righteousness, etc.
Teach the world to be seeking relief, from other than money-purchasable sources of innocent joys and pleasures, which are so many and with which the world had pulled on for centuries before advent of the western materialism. Righteously and religiously-earned and used wealth, with non-attachment and preparedness for the dispensability of money-purchasable pleasures is an extremely valuable asset by itself, in the scale pans of Mai-ism.
If corruption, fraudulence and cheating goes, the world will be thrice happier than now, even if it stops temple-going or prostration to Maharajas and Sannyasins or reciting Geeta or going Benares or Rameshvaram.
630. Coming to the subject of the individual self-improvement, don't have the royalty of having the highest man as your Guru. Such Gurus will have hundreds of disciples like you. " You can't have the benefit of individual personal personal attention. What are you going to gain by simple hearing " Narayan Narayan " ??
He must be a dullard who requires the highest London-Degree-teacher for studying primer. What comes in his way is his swollen headed egoism. To remove this false notion, just see how Guru Dattatray, the Guru of Gurus made his Gurus. Your Guru need not be perfect. You will never get one, nor will such one accept you in the real sense of the word. It is enough if he is spiritually superior to you and has your spiritual and temporal welfare at his heart, if you find that you can confide in him regarding your defects, weaknesses and secrets. Mother help you. You have to cook your hundred dishes, one after another, yourself, and finish off.
631. For acquiring your worth of earning a few chips, how much lost and absorbed you have been with your schools and colleges, your books and notes, your professors and demonstrators ? You constantly think and talk about these things alone. You have a love for your professor and you feel there is none equal to him. The home-matters stand practically banished. You act only as a hireling in the house, leaving practically everything to others and not minding at all the trifling inconveniences to you, due to your not taking active interest. What your home, its economy and its details were to you in your college days, let that be your family life, when you are determined to make a great stride in the religious realm. Be prepared to be laughed at by the world. Illiterate people used to call college students "parrot." Let them have their own joy. Why should you have both the joys ??- the spiritual joy and the worldly tom tom of being a great or a good man ?
632. Let that mischievous notion of " No Guru and No authority" go. Our life moves with faith. You continue sitting under your house-roof while the rainy storms are there, because you have the faith that the Engineer has built it strong enough. You have never seen the Engineer nor gone to study his wall-beam and roof-calculations. You take food prepared by your mother, because you have faith she will never poison you. You take medicine from a doctor, because you have a faith the doctor would not commit a blunder. You fly in the aeroplane because you have faith in the pilot. You can't move an inch without taking so many things as granted, with faith. What is this newly imported nonsense ?? of " I don't believe things I have not seen ?" You pass your whole life in the belief that your name is Mr. so and so ; you identify yourself with that name. Is that itself of your own independent making ? Is that not ridiculous enough that, while on one hand, you are vehemently opposed to any acceptance of anything imposed on you by any one else, in reality you have identified yourself for your whole life with the name which your parents in their fancy gave you?; purely as a matter of faith. The real thing is, you bring in such arguments of believing only "eye-seen things" or "following things decided by oneself alone " whenever they suit your purpose. And how often, what you actually see turns out to be wrong? Are these two moons in the sky as you see when you press your eye with a finger ? Should these eyes, which can go out of order in no time, be a dictator to you about truths and untruths, in their absolute acceptance or rejection ?
You may qualify your faith, if you like It should not be a blind faith or a credulous faith or irrational faith. You must be free to change your Guru, when you find you are in the wrong, but you can't proceed without faith. Service, Faith and Love are very important factors. You keep your practical chemistry book always with you, while you experiment in the laboratory. You refer to it. Why ? You have faith in the results and tests narrated therein.
With ample leisure, with a fresh and unoccupied brain, which has been preserved and most jealously guarded against being made a dustbin, with the vital energy of celibacy (to the extent possible if you are married, and to the full extent if otherwise), start on.
Never think how much remains to be done. There is no end. Always keep in mind how much you have progressed, to keep yourself cheerful. Every step that you rise makes you a better man more fitted to claim and command happiness, not only for one life, but for lives and lives. A permanent and perpetual gain till you attain salvation. Although the path is long enough, it is this Providential arrangement which keeps up courage, patience and perseverance. It is as it were getting wages not only at the end of the day instead of a month, but at the close of every sub work during even a single day. A single step climbed or a single atom acquired in the religious progress, is never lost or in vain.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MAI-ISM [ 777 NOTES, 734 PAGES ]
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.