756. Paramahamsa has all along spoken through his life, about Mother ; and I am humbly telling you, "If you are blessed, carve out these three words on your Heart, " BE MOTHER'S CHILD".
Mother is the Doer and Mother is the Enjoyer. What have sins and merits or bondage and salvation to do with thee or me ? ? Let ours be only the joy, of being permitted and enabled to serve Her and Her children.
JO KUCHHA KIYA SO TOONE KIYA, MEN KACHHU JANATA NAI. TERI TOONHI SAMALA LE, MEN JAPA RAHAHUN MAI.
(" Whatever appears as I have done or I am doing, is being really done by Thee. I know nothing about it. Thou take care of Thy things as Thou thinkest best. Let me remain busy and undisturbed, with repeating Thy Sweet Name, "Jay Mai, Jay Mai.")
757. You little small and weak puny creature of Man !! Just tell me, count out to me, what is your maximum victorious capacity ?? Tell me what is your maximum span of life ? What is your stability (?) in perpetuity and against God's wrathfulness ?? What is your absolute value ? What is your never-failing strength ? Have you the valorous strength of Arjun ? The hero of deadliest battlefield was plundered by a passerby KABA. Have you the austerities of Vishvamitra ? He had to close his eyes out of shame when he was unable to hold his own against MENAKA. Can you just tell me where you can stand firm, as the sure master of at least a particular situation ?? Let all things go, are you sure of your body ? the next moment ? Then, why all this monkey-chattering ? and mice-playing, so long as the cat is out ?? The cat first catches that mouse, which is running from one corner to the other, with the pride of being able to save itself.
758. Two young friends started to go to Mother on a small journey. One of them had ten rupees with him, and the other eleven. For the whole period of their travel, the eleven-rupees-man was talking about his wisdom to keep more money in case an emergency arises, and his richness. They finally had the "darshan" of Mother. They prayed and prostrated. When they were departing, Mother said, " Well, you are going back to the world ?. Just go in the rear. There is the mountain of gold. Take away as much as you can". Both were busy picking up loose golden stones, pebbles and dusts till they could not lift anymore without themselves falling down while lifting the load. On the return journey, there was not a single syllable about the ten and eleven rupees and excess of one rupee.
759. On 2-7-1943, Mother's day (Friday), in Hubli, the lady ( T. A. D.) whom the Founder had accompanied to Ramanashram, was discussing at midnight this subtle most sweetest subject, especially about Sakama Bhakti and Nishkama Bhakti. To all appearance, people would commit the blunder of thinking the Founder was advocating Sakama Bhakti. Poor fellows forget, the nourishment of one man is different from that of another.
760. Said the Founder to the blessed saintly lady, "Not only is begging bad, but the very offering of a demand prayer, in the first place means, you are discrediting Mother with not being able to know what is passing in your mind. Further, if you are a devotee yourself, you are discrediting Mother with a bankruptcy of Mercilessness. It means, you have neither faith and trust, nor the spirit of self-surrender to leave matters to Her to do as She wishes, much less the joy of implicit obedience to Her Divine Will, and that of seeing Her Wishes fulfilled."
761. " When we are praying with a demand, we exhibit our ignorance, distrust and funkiness from self-surrender. When we are meditating, we are pulling the Formless and Attribute-less Mother, to be having form and attribute. When we are reciting hymns, we are trying to limit and deform The Indescribable Mother. When we say, we are going to Mother, we are denying Her omnipresence". "A true devotee with Divine Knowledge is only in a whirlpool, what to consider as 'ought to be done." ".
762. " I only pray to Mother in that stage of helplessness, thus : 'Mother ? Take my mind to be Thy weakest child. Let my body be Thy temple, consider my any words to be Thy prayers, consider my any walking movement to be the holy Pradakshina circumscribing around Thee. Consider my any enjoyment to be an offering to Thee."
763. The lady was in her highest spirit of devotion, and sweetly added :
" And let my soul, Oh Mother !! be the boatsman that passes over Thy children, to Thee."
764. That is the true Mai-istic Spirit. Love on one hand, and self-surrender on the other, are its prize-winning posts and pillars. True Self-Surrender does not ask the question, " What will be the return therefor ?" It does not arise out of hope or helplessness. " Sharanagati (Surrender) and Mother's Karuna (Mercifulness-Showering) are one (exactly balanced) " says the Founder. One thing is the other side of another. "MAI SHARANAGATI KARUNA EKA." (Vide Mai-Markand-Ardha-Sahasranama in Gujerati).
Self-Surrender and that sort of self-surrender is the bed-rock of the Mother's Religion. Self-Surrender means "Thy Will, and my joy in seeing that Thy Will is fulfilled."
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND [ EDITIONS : 1952 & 2007 ]
The most appreciated representation of Mai-ism was at the Universal Religious Alliance World Congress held at Havana in Cuba from 23 October 1959 to 22 January 1960. Mai-ism was explained, discussed and commented upon in the World Congress by Revered Sister Duchesse Blanche Ledran, The Grand Chancellor of the Universal Religious Alliance. Mai-ism received the greatest approbation in this World Congress of the Universal Religious Alliance , which has a standing of over five decades. In fact it is one of the first most important universal religious institutes.
As stated in the Preliminary Report pertaining to the Congress held on 23 October 1959, the complete attendance at the Congress was around 3800 persons 2184 of which intergrated about 318 different official delegations, which came from 96 different countries. The representation was of 449 different sections and sub-sections of religious and various organisations. Further more , 43 countries had sent their official observers. Appreciation and truest understanding about Mai-ism by the said World Congress would be evident from these words; " We have received valuable literature from all quarters of the world, which amply reveals that the regeneration of man as at the hand, as well as that a new age ( Aquarian ) is being ushered in taking shape of a brand new Spiritual Civilisation. We recommend such sources of research. We recommend Mai-ism and the Mai-Institute of Santa Cruz West, Bombay - 54 India." ]
- EXTRACT FROM " MOTHER'S MESSAGE "- PAGE 40 - 41.